AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this question by saying, I connecting this to a Home Theater PC, which is connected to a satellite tuner, so I don't need a ATSC tuner, speakers, internet access, camera card reader, etc. I just need a basic monitor.

Having said that I'm wondering if the monitor technology is as good in the pro series as the consumer series. I don't see the following mentioned in the Pro TH-58PF11U specs:

* NeoPDP

* 600 Hz "Sub-field Drive"

* AR Filter

* Game Mode (perhaps the Pro runs this way all the time)

* No THX mode (V10)

What I see in the Pro that the Consumer doesn't have is:

* Advanced Video Controls: White Balance High and Low for individual R, G, B; Black Extension; Gamma.

Anyone have any info on this?

Michael

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 /forum/post/17049849

.....I'm wondering if the monitor technology is as good in the pro series as the consumer series. I don't see the following mentioned in the Pro TH-58PF11U specs:

* NeoPDP

* 600 Hz "Sub-field Drive"

* AR Filter

* Game Mode (perhaps the Pro runs this way all the time)

* No THX mode (V10)

.....Anyone have any info on this?

The 58PF11UK is last year's model, and uses the older plasma panel and internal electronics from last year's 11th Generation 58PZ800U/850U. The PF11 has an AR filter like the PZ800U/850U, but since it's an 11G model it does not have the NeoPDP panel or 600hz Sub Field Drive. The Pro models don't have a Game Mode or THX mode since they're intended for use with PCs, not home entertainment components.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Randy.

Do you know if the Game Mode on the Consumer models turns off all the pixel blending/processing? Since I am connecting this to a computer, I'm looking for computer monitor type clarity for small text, when I'm not using it for video.

Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts