AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm looking into the Samsung UN55C8000 and was curious as to what the differences are between it and the C7000/C7100 line. Samsung's website doesn't have a lot of information on the subject. It looked like the only difference was that the C8000 has local dimming and the others don't, but it also doesn't talk about the difference between the C7000 and the C7100.

Also, for owners of the C8000, is the silver bezel around the screen distracting? It seems to me that it would be more distracting than black, especially on 3D where I don't want to notice the edges of the screen because of how it sort of ruins the 3D perception. I guess it's not a deal breaker for me, but I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the UN55C8000 and can't comment on the others, but I have yet to find the silver bezel to be a distraction when watching a show. I did change the setting to not have the word Samsung below the screen illuminated while the set was on - that I did find distracting. A very nice set - you'll like it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply fishingham! What are your thoughts on 3D on this TV? I've heard that they tend to have more crosstalk than the plasmas, and was curious if that's a big deal or not. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts