AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just at pioneer's site looking to try to find a release date on the DVR-7000 in the US (which I didn't find) and I came across the PRV-9000 which looks like it does the same thing, but costs more. Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the 2? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,978 Posts
The PRV-9000 is the Industrial version of the DVR7000 with a few actual electronic differences.

1. Use of BNC for composit video input.

2. Special circuitry on the input side to clean up inbound Y/C and Composite video to USA NTSC standards, specifically, restricted to 7.5 IRE black and 100 IRE peak whites.

3. Sold only through Pioneer industrial distributors, not available via consumer electronics retailers.

4. Price is MSRP at $2500.

Release date for both Pioneer units in the USA is set for early November according to their east coast rep.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Don,

I have read all the postings discussing the 7000 and 9000 DVD recorders, and you are the only one to indicate this difference [quoting]:

Special circuitry on the input side to clean up inbound Y/C and Composite video to USA NTSC standards, specifically, restricted to 7.5 IRE black and 100 IRE peak whites.

Can you please explain what this means for a user or what this circuitry will do? If this were the only difference, would it be worth a $400 difference in price?

Thanks for any additional information. It's always a tough choice but I've narrowed my choices down to these 2 recorders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.