AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer was kind enough to offer me the opportunity to change my "U" model to the "E" model. Before I do that, I wish to know what are the exact differences between them. I understand that the "E" has gone some software changes in regard to Pal, but no one seems to know what they are exactly, some say the "E" model has 2:2 pull down, but I could not verify that. Last night I tried feeding the "U" model 576p through my modified RP-91, with no success, the projector had a "not registered" sign on the screen and there was no picture. Is there a problem with "U" in that regard?

Thanx

Ran

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ran,

That's interesting - I'm sure cam said his Z9000 Japanese spec machine did accept a PAL progressive signal.

BTW, what length of delay can you add to the audio with your Onkyo stuff?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Nick,

I was just writing you a private message, but this is much quicker:)

I have no way to check the RP-91 ability to put out a 576p on another display, but my dealer assured me that it works fine, unfortunately the projector won't accept the signal. I think Cam's projector is not the US model, so it may be a little different. Have you found out what the differences are between the "E" and the "U"? I have e.mailed Sharp (U.S and Japan) but did not receive any reply.

In regard's to the Onky 989, it has an A/V lip sync ability, that is measured in milliseconds. I will get back to you on the exact delay, once I get home.

Thanx

Ran

·
Registered
401 Posts
One of my questions is, what is the latest and greatest version of the 9000? Using the Status screen you can see the firmware version of the 9000. From all reports, all 9000U's say Z901819. Cam's Japanese version (not U or E) says Z901830. What does the 9000E say?

Is it safe to say that Cam's Z901830 has newer firmware than the 9000Us' Z901819? Makes sense to me but has anyone gotten confirmation of this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.