AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rather new to building interconnects and the like and had a few questions.

I need to make 1 set of component, 1 digital audio, 1 subwoofer, and one set of composite cables.

I like the 1694A from Belden, but RG-6 tends to be really stiff. Are the minor differences between the 1694A and 1505F noticeable? Could I use 1505F for all of these cables? Where and why would 1694 be preferable?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Belden 1505F doesn't look like it's a cheap cable, after looking at the data. But it looks perfect for the application; possibly overkill. If you can afford it, I'd recommend it over 1694A. 1694A is great cable, but as you said, not quite that flexible.

Stranded cable can be difficult to terminate into crimp connectors; you may have to tin the centre conductor with solder prior to insertion. Make sure all solder dags and flux are removed... use alcohol to dissolve flux, and maybe some sandpaper to smooth off the solder.

Having said that, cables made with 1694A are really good... but if you need flexibility, use 1505F. Unless your runs are 20 metres or more, there won't be any audible or visible difference.

PW

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I use 1505F for ALL of my interconnects...it is an excellent cable. For inwall stuff, where you have more issues with RF rejection, long runs, etc, 1694a be superior, but for runs less than 50', 1505F is just as good as any cable out there.

And is REALLY REALLY flexible....a great feature for making interconnects.

You can't go wrong with it for this application...

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.