AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for asking a question that may have been asked before, but I am getting the 8vsb adapter for $8.95 shipping form Dish. I am wondering if the old UHF antennas pick up digital signals or do you have to have a different antenna. Also, I don't know if I can pick up any stations, but I though that it was worth $8.95 to try. I used to be able to pick up a station fair before my locals were added to Dish. Is it easier or harder to pick up a digital signal? The station that I picked up before was VHF and some days I could get an acceptable picture using rabbit ears. I was hoping to pick up Jackson, TN locals and maybe Nashville, TN locals digitally. Jackson is not yet digital, but I thought it will only be a matter of time. Thanks,.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Most (not all) digitals are in the UHF band, so a decent UHF antenna should be able to pick them up. You should go to antennaweb.org and plug in your address to find out what stations you should be able pick up and the type of antenna you need. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.