AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I personally hate the blu cases. I wish Blu-ray would use a smoky (still see through) black case with a blue Blu-ray logo.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Can't seem to find blank replacement BD cases retail or mail order. The closest I found was a company that had DVD cases that are translucent blue.

For me, the thinner the cases the better. If they made the BD cases half as thick, that would solve a big headache for me.

Anyone out there selling any BD cases at all?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't care what color the case is but why didn't they make them the same size as normal DVD's. My blu-rays really look odd compared to my dvds in my collection, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have any regular dvd's but its not the case.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Ok fine, but I wish all the Blu-ray studios would use the darker blue case that I have for Flyboy. It looks so much cooler than the light shade of blue on most Blu-rays. It's not even a Fox thing, although I've only seen the dark Blue case from Fox.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Heh. I tend to buy them for the movies inside the cases.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee /forum/post/0

Heh. I tend to buy them for the movies inside the cases.

That may be in your "case", but when I buy movies, I look for the condition of the case and the darker the color. If it happens to be a good movie, so be it.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniKoroshi /forum/post/0

I don't care what color the case is but why didn't they make them the same size as normal DVD's. My blu-rays really look odd compared to my dvds in my collection, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have any regular dvd's but its not the case.

Surely its a good thing though, i can now fit more titles on my shelving system.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniKoroshi /forum/post/0

I love the smaller cases. 900 SD cases will take up a lot more room then 900 BD cases.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I keep the BDs on a different part of my DVD rack rather than integrated among them. Seems better to say "Here's all my HD stuff" instead of having to dig around for them amongst all the larger DVD cases.

I have two different kinds of cases, although I own only six films.. hehe. Stargate and The Prestige have the snap-lock on the side and an embossed chrome BD logo on the top. The rest all have what I guess is the "standard" case, with a printed silver BD logo and no snap-flap. I just ordered three more discs from Amazon, so maybe I'll end up with one of the third type.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Here's what I'd love to see - an official case. There's 4 different Blu-ray cases. I think as the case itself, the Lionsgate and Sony cases are cool. They have a square shape, a circular area for the logo and thinner profile than all cases. But I'd like the case to be a (here it comes again) darker blue rather than the aqua bluish color.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggi /forum/post/0

The snapper flap cases are horrible with an H!

Tell that to my girlfriend. She won't stop playing with them. "Oh, look how cuuutee, that little door opens, and closes, opens and closes.... awwww snap snap snap snap"

I think she's gone mental.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
yeah whats the point of the snappers? half the time they dont "snap" or they are broken. I've returned several BD's and a HDDVD because the snapper was messed up, and at $30 or so dollars it had bedst to be perfect.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I've hated snappers ever since I first saw them back on DVDs. I keep forgetting they're there, since so few of my DVD have them. So I go to open it, and damn near tear the case in half before releazing that it's not opening because the damn snapper. The boxes seal just fine without them, I also don't see the point. It seems to be that it only increases the manufacturing cost of the case.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.