AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt if they would do this, but it would be cool if you had a few choices of firmware for the PS3. They could have one that would be optimized for movie viewing or one for gamers....

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
One firmware can do both. It just isn't needed.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? I'm sure there are a lot of wish lists out there of what people want to see the processor used for.

So is it going to be just a matter of time before we see all the features it is capable of? or do you think they will never "do it all" so that they can sell other product (stand-alones with features that the ps3 doesn't have)?

or will a third party make their own firmware update that will do everything (and would we trust to use it?).

Does anyone know of a link to a thread that lists wishlist items for the ps3 firmware.

obviously scaling dvds, decoding all audio formats, 1080p24 output, and I hear deep color may be possible for gaming...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxFX /forum/post/0

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=753527

In the PS3 forum. Very good list.

excellent thanks! I've been reading that thread but have always gone to the end, since it's so long I thought that's where the most current info would be. I see the list is updated as recently as 1/17, so I'll be checking it out frequently.

but wow, that's a lot of things. I wonder what their priorities are and what ours are...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.