AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been trying for a week now and read all the messages regarding this problem, but can’t solve these two problems:

Problem 1

I have problems setting up theater overlay mode. My primary display is a 15†crt 1024 x 768, my secondary display is a Sony VPL-HS10. When I use theatre overlay mode, I get the same resolution on the VPL HS10 as on the CRT (1024 x 768). Even though I configured the screen to 1920 x 1080 (1080i). In this mode, I can’t access the secondary display using powerstrip. I am trying to get a HDTV broadcast (1080i) to display on the projector using a satellite PC-card.

Problem 2

If I don’t use theatre mode, I can display my windows desktop in 1080i on the projector (created a setting with powerstrip), but when I expand the HDTV overlay to full-screen, I only see a small part (about 50%) of the original image (top half). If I use my CRT as primary and overlay to full screen, I do get the full picture (in 1024 x 768 )

I realise these problems could be caused by a lot of reasons, but maybe someone has this configuration operational.

System:

Athlon 1333/512 mb

ATI Radeon 9600

Skystar 2 DVB card

Catalyst 4.1

Windows XP Pro

DVBviewer (app to view DVB channels, using Cyberlink Powerdvd 5 components in the Graph)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I suffered from the top half vertical stretching problem also. Apparently, it's called the "half height overlay bug", which affects interlaced resolutions.

The half height overlay bug is fixed by downloading/installing the latest version of Catalyst (Ati's Radeon drivers).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.