Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm trying to install a Echostar 6000. I've got dual LNB dish already installed with Dish 500 programming. I've got my old Dish 300(?) dish and a LNB. I purchased 2 SW21s connect... unfortunately, upon investigation, I found that my Dish 500 was installed with 2 SW21s.

Can 3 dishes be multiplexed using 4 SW21s? When I attached my SW21s I could not get signals from 2 Satellites the 119 and the 61.5 (assuming I had it pointed correctly.)

My configuration is as follows (pardon the ascii art):

+-------------+ +----------+

| (Dish 500) | |(Dish 300)|

|LNB LNB | | LNB |

+-------------+ +----------+

| | | | | |

+----+ +----+ | |

|SW21| |SW21| | |

+----+ +----+ | |

| | | |

| | +-------------+ |

\\ \\ | /

\\ \\---------------+ |

\\ | | |

| +---------+ | |

+----+ +----+

|SW21| |SW21|

+----+ +----+

| |

+---------+ +----------+

|Reciever1| |Reciever 2|

+---------+ +----------+

Please let me know what my options are.

Roel

·
Registered
681 Posts
You can't cascade SW21s. They respond to the same pulse trains from the receiver, and they receive the same pulse train, so there is no way to control each one separately.

The cheapest way to make this work, supporting your current two receivers, is to buy a twin LNB. The more expensive route, that supports expansion beyond two receivers, is to buy an SW64.

-Jonathan

·
Registered
632 Posts
A SW44 will cascade with SW21's.

Or a SW64 will eliminate the other switches.

Finally a Twin or Quad will work with SW21's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem solved. I contacted DishDepot and they got me in the right direction. I initially was planning on buying a SW64, but with their recommendations, I just got a twin head and I'll be using my existing SW21's. They saved me money and probably lots of headaches.

Thanks for all the replys,

Roel

P.S. I just realized my diagram came out all messed up - Sorry!

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Roel,

If you are doing max 2 receivers (though a Quad mode is coming out) and not using the LNBs for other than Dish, then that is definitely the way to go. It's a cakewalk compared to the DirecTV Elliptical dish.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.