AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
From the executive producers of Homeland & Heroes.

The holiest city on earth has an unholy secret . . . From the executive producers of Homeland
and Heroes, USA Network presents DIG, a thrilling ten-part television event. Starring Golden
Globe nominee Jason Isaacs and Emmy Award-winner Anne Heche.

When Peter Connelly, an FBI agent recently stationed in Jerusalem, begins investigating the
murder of a young American, he realizes that he has uncovered an ancient international
conspiracy that threatens to change the course of human history. Certain that the dangerous
prophecy is nearing fruition, Peter must race against the clock to unravel its mystery. From a
remote farm in Norway, to an enigmatic compound in New Mexico, to the serpentine tunnels of
Jerusalem, this immersive, fast-paced adventure will take viewers on a quest for a truth that will
shake the world's beliefs to its very core.

Shot in contemporary Jerusalem against the backdrop of such historic sites as the
Temple Mount, as well as in Croatia and New Mexico, DIG premieres on Thursday, March 5 at
10/9c. Only on USA Network. #DIGDEEPER
http://www.usanetwork.com/dig

Registered
Well, that's the idea. :p Perhaps adding zombies would spice it up. Seriously, this sort of reminds me of The Da Vinci Code.

Registered
And in turn that reminds me of the other time Da Vinci Code was televisionified.

Anyone remember Zero Hour? Clocks, Nazis, clones, sects, crucifixes, resurrecting Jesus ... general terribleness?

Reactions: ltownsend

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
And in turn that reminds me of the other time Da Vinci Code was televisionified.

Anyone remember Zero Hour? Clocks, Nazis, clones, sects, crucifixes, resurrecting Jesus ... general terribleness?
I thought of that Anthony Edwards clock/Nazi show too. Couldn't remember the name tho.

Registered
Currently watching the making of Dig. They actually mention "The Davinci code" as one of the inspirations of the show and they tie in a couple of other conspiracy theories in the mix..... The acting and production value look good. It's actually filmed in Jerusalem and that could help the entertainment factor. I liked Zero hour a lot. So i should like this, but i don't know if the "Neilsens" will like it.

Registered
I'm a sucker for these global conspiracy stories, so I'm in. But if it's as bad as 'The DaVinci Code', I'll quickly be out. Not to be confused with Starz's most excellent 'DaVinci's Demons', which I quite enjoy. That Leo -- he sure gets around a lot on American TV, you know, for a dead guy.

Registered
The acting and production value look good. It's actually filmed in Jerusalem and that could help the entertainment factor. I liked Zero hour a lot. So i should like this, but i don't know if the "Neilsens" will like it.
The first episode was filmed in Jerusalem, but then rockets started falling and production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico. The only filming in Israel since the first episode is a small unit shooting stock shots and my visual effects plates.

The area around the city of Split, Croatia turns out to be a great double for Israel and has been used extensively by other shows (like Tyrant) for that very purpose. It's also one of the locations that Game of Thrones films in. Production value is very high. There's nothing more real than filming among buildings, walls, and churches that were erected between the 4th and 14th centuries. As a contrast to Agent Carter, there's NOTHING about the show that looks like it was filmed on a studio backlot.

Split is an amazingly beautiful town. I highly recommend it as a vacation spot in the summer (it's pretty dead in the winter). I have a time-lapse video that's a one-hour walk through the old section of town condensed to about 45 seconds. I took it back in January:

Registered
Qucik reminder; Dig premiers tonight. Set your DVRs.
I have decided to give Dig a shot, primarily because of its talented stars, Jason Isaacs and Anne Heche, and its plot, I'm a sucker for global conspiracies. Heche is nuts but she is still a pretty lady and a talented actress.

Like many of the rest of you, I fear the show will fade in the stretch but hope springs eternal so here I go.

Reactions: ltownsend

Registered
Well, that was boring as hell. Lots of commotion but nothing really happening. None of the plot threads tie together or lead anywhere. None of the characters are at all interesting.

The slutty pink-haired girl reminds Jason Isaacs of his dead daughter, so he goes skinny-dipping with her? Eww, what a creep.

And then, just to end things on a really unpleasant note, let's shoot an innocent young child dead.

Yeah, I'm done. That was a waste of my 90 minutes.

Reactions: gwsat

Registered
I know nothing but what I saw in this episode but my guess is:

The red calf is to be sacrificed in the area under the sermon of the mount to bring around the second coming of Christ and Armageddon.
No idea what the Joshua clones are for.

Of course, the hero is here to prevent that from happening.

Registered
First episode was very disappointing to me for the reasons already discussed. Along with an extremely poorly paced and incoherent plot. Maybe the Joshua kid is akin to Rosemary's baby. The Anti Christ is supposed to die from a fatal head wound. Then be resurrected and indwelt by the Devil itself. Maybe that's where this one is heading. Or maybe the Devil indwells a human/Alien hybrid clone in New Mexico. Who knows. I'll peek at the next 1-2 episodes. And if it doesn't pick up steam...I'm tapping out.

Registered
Well, that was boring as hell. Lots of commotion but nothing really happening. None of the plot threads tie together or lead anywhere. None of the characters are at all interesting.

The slutty pink-haired girl reminds Jason Isaacs of his dead daughter, so he goes skinny-dipping with her? Eww, what a creep.

And then, just to end things on a really unpleasant note, let's shoot an innocent young child dead.

I agree with everything you said. Worse than what you touched on, and as I feared, it looks like the show is going to be filled with occult silliness. I have deleted my season pass and i'm out too.

Banned
Well, that's the idea. :p Perhaps adding zombies would spice it up. Seriously, this sort of reminds me of The Da Vinci Code.
LOL, you have been on a roll lately...;)

Registered
I know nothing but what I saw in this episode but my guess is:

The red calf is to be sacrificed in the area under the sermon of the mount to bring around the second coming of Christ and Armageddon.
No idea what the Joshua clones are for.

Of course, the hero is here to prevent that from happening.

Well the quote in the beginning of the episode was the clue about the calf. I listened to a review that panned the show, but watched the 1st episode. It will be background filler if anything, but doesn't seem like something you ha e to pay complete attention to.

Sent from nowhere

Registered

I think you missed the whole point. It's a 10 episode conspiracy / murder mystery type mini-series. If they explained everything to you in the first 5 minutes, why would you watch the next 9 hrs and 55 minutes?

The same reason they didn't tell you why Michael got burned in the first 5 minutes of Burn Notice. Or Neal didn't find the sub with the stolen art in the first 5 minutes of White Collar. The story is supposed to come together over time.

Besides, its not too hard to figure out. They need the boy to fulfill some prophecy, but it says in the bible that his feet cannot be soiled. He went out of the clean room environment, so he was worthless to them. They even told you that :).

Registered
I missed the pilot but set my roamio for a season pass to record the entire mini-series. The pilot should have been recorded this afternoon and so I hope to watch it tonight.

Registered
Jason Isaacs interview about "Dig". He makes some good points in explaining why it's a "mini series" and not a "season" and compares the US method of doing series with the UK. I agree with him as I think the networks were stuck in a 13 episode rut and it was difficult for writers to come up with that middle bed which is just there to stretch it to 13 episodes. There seem to be only a few showrunners really capable of doing 13 episode series and even then they might have a bottle episode or two.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/dig...omparisons-in-creepy-new-thriller-1201447073/

1 - 20 of 39 Posts