AVS Forum banner

861 - 880 of 1357 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
siuengr - your going on edge with this stuff then right?
Yeah, I did. I didn't take any great picture on my build page showing the detail of the frame. I built two frames, one was 4' x 6' and one was 3' x 5'. The 4x5 was a two piece frame so I could mount it to the ceiling. The 3x5 is going on the wall, but I didn't take any picture of the frame of that one. I used 1/4" x 1-5/8" lattice to brace the longer sides.

Reactions: ddigler

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I was quoted approx $2.00/sf for OC 705 2" tk from SPI. Does this sound reasonable?
Yes, that's very good. Last time I did research, avg cost was about $3.36/sq ft so $2 is very good for 2" 705. Are you certain that is not the 1" you got quoted? If it's really the 2" I'd jump on it. Just make sure you calc shipping before you commit.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #864 ·
Yes, that's very good. Last time I did research, avg cost was about $3.36/sq ft so $2 is very good for 2" 705. Are you certain that is not the 1" you got quoted? If it's really the 2" I'd jump on it. Just make sure you calc shipping before you commit.
Supposedly that includes shipping to their store (I'll pickup from there). I'll verify and post back for the record.

Thanks Geek!

BTW, I want unfaced right? Any other options I should order or just 'oc 705 unfaced'?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Supposedly that includes shipping to their store (I'll pickup from there). I'll verify and post back for the record.

Thanks Geek!

BTW, I want unfaced right? Any other options I should order or just 'oc 705 unfaced'?
I was quoted $0.50/sqft for the 1" 705, so I am not sure how good $2/sqft for the 2" is, but depending on how much you need, it might not be that big a deal. If it is, you may want to call around some more.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #867 ·
Apologies, I went back and checked and my quote was for 703, not 705. I am not sure how pricing normally compares between the two.
NP thanks for clarifying.

To confirm, I want unfaced right?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Both maybe I think they want a breakdown of absorption reflection and diffusion. I'm still trying to figure it out 🙈. Unfaced for first reflection points is a must is one thing I so far learned

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #869 ·
I see what you mean about the base boards. That would drive me nuts too. How much gap did they leave below the base boards for the carpet? I was just going to wait until after the carpet was installed to install the base boards, but my carpet isn't scheduled for another week, and it's something I could be working on.
Approx 7/16" gap Siuengr.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Approx 7/16" gap Siuengr.
Thanks, I started painting the door trim today. I was going to pick up the base boards, but it was raining, so it was a no go.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #871 · (Edited)
Couple hours of work and I'm all fixed up with the baseboard at the riser steps and stage.

Glad I had him redo this, much nicer look in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Couple hours of work and I'm all fixed up with the baseboard at the riser steps and stage. Glad I had him redo this, much nicer look in my opinion.
Look good. Big improvement.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #874 ·
Ordered 6 packs (5 ea) 2" tk OC 705 insulation for forthcoming wall treatment panels - right around $2.00/sf pre tax. Picking it up locally; hope to have it in my hands within 2 weeks!

Where is the best place to order the GOM AT fabric 'Tweed'?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #879 ·
Speaker frame fabric

Is this stuff a good option? I have a sample of this from DMD and really like the look/color of the 'black' but not sure on the specs if it is sufficient for speaker panels?

What are you all using?

861 - 880 of 1357 Posts