AVS Forum banner

901 - 920 of 1357 Posts

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,450 Posts
the 3 inch strips are FSK tape from Amazon, even though they are adhsive they won't last the night, you need to use 3M 77 spray adhesive.

https://www.amazon.com/Nashua-FSK-F...=UTF8&qid=1479242931&sr=8-1&keywords=fsk+tape

In the rear corners I used some basic Kraft paper as scrim. The stuff that comes in rolls. At my local HD they have a dispenser and roll of it available for protecting your car from a purchase (Free)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #902 ·
the 3 inch strips are FSK tape from Amazon, even though they are adhsive they won't last the night, you need to use 3M 77 spray adhesive.

https://www.amazon.com/Nashua-FSK-F...=UTF8&qid=1479242931&sr=8-1&keywords=fsk+tape

In the rear corners I used some basic Kraft paper as scrim. The stuff that comes in rolls. At my local HD they have a dispenser and roll of it available for protecting your car from a purchase (Free)
Thanks for the info Jeff.

Should I start throwing the 2" OC 705 up on the walls? I've got it in hand and ready for action. Best way to attach?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #903 ·
@Viruscwu - Virus I need to get my LED lights up and running. Carpet is in and I am very excited for that finishing touch to the room :D

What is the most simple, straightforward way for me to make that happen in your experience? All of the thermo wire has been run from the rack outside the room to both steps and soffit. I just need a power source and the LED strips to make it happen.

I would rather not build anything at this point due to time constraints. Rather, can I buy a kit, hack it a bit and make it work with my thermo wires in short order?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #904 · (Edited)
Deleted the initial post by accident and don't have the heart to re-type it all :(

I'll just say Carpet is in and I am very pleased with it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Deleted the initial post by accident and don't have the heart to re-type it all :(

I'll just say Carpet is in and I am very pleased with it :)

Absolutely beautiful. Nice design, nice work.

I will bring the popcorn.

Reactions: ddigler

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #910 ·
Absolutely beautiful. Nice design, nice work.

I will bring the popcorn.
Thanks dmarc!

Whats nice is how much an improvement carpeting the room made in regards to acoustics! Not surprising necessarily but the room is actually starting to sound decent at this point now that many of the echoes are being mitigated :)

On this note, @BIGmouthinDC or anyone with experience with room treatment options: it is my intention to treat the walls in my HT while avoiding overtreatment.

1. How much credence is there to 'overtreating' a room?
2. If I go with 2" tk OC 705 on all walls above the chair rail will I end up with a 'lifeless' room?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Looking GREAT ddigler....... keep it up you soooooo close
Oh and make sure to do a detailed write up on the LED strip lighting ;)...... so I can figure that crap out

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,450 Posts
Thanks dmarc!

Whats nice is how much an improvement carpeting the room made in regards to acoustics! Not surprising necessarily but the room is actually starting to sound decent at this point now that many of the echoes are being mitigated :)

On this note, @BIGmouthinDC or anyone with experience with room treatment options: it is my intention to treat the walls in my HT while avoiding overtreatment.

1. How much credence is there to 'overtreating' a room?
2. If I go with 2" tk OC 705 on all walls above the chair rail will I end up with a 'lifeless' room?
first you are only treating the area above the chair rail and below the soffit, second of the treated area about 40% is covered with reflective material. If you treated 100% of the walls with absorption it would be too dead.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #914 ·
first you are only treating the area above the chair rail and below the soffit, second of the treated area about 40% is covered with reflective material. If you treated 100% of the walls with absorption it would be too dead.
got it TY!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #915 ·
Looking GREAT ddigler....... keep it up you soooooo close
Oh and make sure to do a detailed write up on the LED strip lighting ;)...... so I can figure that crap out
Thanks Water!

No doubt, will pass along all knowledge once I get it sorted. I'm hoping I can just buy an LED kit, place the power source in my AV rack, use my therm wire to make the run to HT and then cut the kit LED strips in pieces to proper lengths and hot glue to underside of exposed deck. Nothing is ever that easy though lol

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thanks Water!

No doubt, will pass along all knowledge once I get it sorted. I'm hoping I can just buy an LED kit, place the power source in my AV rack, use my therm wire to make the run to HT and then cut the kit LED strips in pieces to proper lengths and hot glue to underside of exposed deck. Nothing is ever that easy though lol
Sounds like a plan.
I was just AVS searching...... I am kinda surprised no one has started a LED lighting master thread.... or did I miss it??

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Sounds like a plan.
I was just AVS searching...... I am kinda surprised no one has started a LED lighting master thread.... or did I miss it??
That would be really cool.

It would also be really nice to have an LED + dimmer thread that catches a lot of the main solutions.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

It would also be really nice to have an LED + dimmer thread that catches a lot of the main solutions.
You should start one sigma722..... I would subscribe!
I was thinking about it but I don't know enough about it :(

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #919 ·
Sounds like a plan.
I have not researched enough to be able to tell you but in the little I have poked around have not seen an LED master thread. Some of the best info I've found was gleaned from @Viruscwu 'Arrakis' thread.

Agree.

901 - 920 of 1357 Posts