AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for digital video HDTV up-converter to be able to up-convert digital video 1080i and 720p from DVI or HD SDI to 1080p-60Hz and higher (like 2304x1440p) - to display on a high resolution digital computer monitor. Does anyone know about such a device ? Miranda scalers (miranda.com) seem capable of SDI to HD SDI, but only up to 1080-30p and with only coaxial HD SDI out, while I prefer DVI-type output. Currently use Vigatec GVC-1280-SDI HDTV up-converter for 1080i to 1080p analog de-interlacing for input to 24" SONY CRT & Samsung LTM245W LCD.

kuzmanestor
[email protected]

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
If you haven't investigated already, perhaps the IBM folks and hardware mentioned at the end of this thread could help. IBM, in true corporate form, seems to have voided both hyperlinks given for its hi-rez panel, but there's enough info there for a IBM-site search. Just as speculation, in the last thread post, I proposed doubling 1080i, or more, both horizontally and vertical, feeding it to the IBM, then projecting the IBM-panel images, but theorized the LCDs might not switch rapidly enough for video. IBM might market or know of doubling hardware. Curious what monitors you had in mind for ~2304x1440p? -- John

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

I hoped to utilize IBM T221 LCD. I agree that doubling of 1080i (or perhaps 1080p) H & V is the way to go for the next 10 years; but also concerned about the speed of LCD.

kuzmanestor
[email protected]

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wjchan

I posted a screen shot of the T221 displaying a 1080p image on the 2nd page of this thread .
Wow, those are some plump thread pages with all those pixels. Interesting. So, how does the IBM panel handle 1080p at ~1/2 screen? No LCD motion blurring? If so, and if the supporting electronics is fast enough, perhaps it would handle doubled (H,V) images. Anyone into optics enough to know whether any lenses--not at NASA prices--could project such resolutions to a screen? On further thought, guess images would be way too dim.-- John

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John,

Do you know who can build a PC card with RGB or component or single std. DVI in to (H,V)-double uncompressed 1080p, and to input the resulted 2160x3840 to (2) DVIs of T221 ?

kuzmanestor
[email protected]

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Suspect you've done it already, kuzmanestor, but a web search for professional graphics/processing cards might turn up something useful. These, I believe, typically cost up to 80 times more than cards discussed in the PC forum here. They're for professional graphics use, which more often handle images and inputs/outputs like this. Perhaps Ken, the moderator in the programming forum, who's in the graphics field, could offer some suggestions. Believe there are several trade publications (with card ads/articles) such as "Computer Graphics," plus newsgroups (see here ), specializing in this area. I scanned some of this stuff online a few years back, and quickly learned to distinguish between what's aimed at the game/HTPC crowd or graphics professionals. Anyone marketing the IBM panel should have sources, too. -- John

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
check out the HD Leeza in the processor forum

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Dude: Do you use Kuzma tonearms by chance? One of my old favorites?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.