AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an outboard "Room EQ" unit that will put digital to a pre A/V unit? Of course in order for the Room EQ to work it must have a DAC to to do measurements

but will bypass the DAC to the Pre A/V unit after setup. I want to use one DAC without converting back and forth from digital to analog than back to digital.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
‘it must have a DAC to to do measurements but will bypass the DAC to the Pre A/V unit after setup’ – I think you are going too ‘flat earth’ with your thinking

Unless your are very attached to the ‘pre A/V’ unit and or have very deep pockets I’d suggest an AVR with Pre Outs or a dedicated AV Processor to replace or work alongside the current unit.

Joe

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand  /t/1520755/digital-analog-digital-analog#post_24433318

‘it must have a DAC to to do measurements but will bypass the DAC to the Pre A/V unit after setup’ – I think you are going too ‘flat earth’ with your thinking

Unless your are very attached to the ‘pre A/V’ unit and or have very deep pockets I’d suggest an AVR with Pre Outs or a dedicated AV Processor to replace or work alongside the current unit.

Joe
That is right Joe. The dreaming won't do me any good. I don't have the needed deep pockets, either. I have the Oppo 83 for years and like it very much. The 105 is close, but not yet. Hopefully their next unit will have the needed Room EQ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts