AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke down and purchased auto switchers for selecting between component video and digital audio sources. Unfortunately, now than I've got them hooked up, I've found that the Dish Model 6000 keeps both the digital audio and the video sync active while its in "standby".

I've got an Inline IN-3511 for video switching. Its a 4-to-1 RGBS auto-switcher and requires that the Y for a component signal be routed through the Sync line. The switcher works fine as long as a single 6000 is in the lowest priority input. With a DVD player and UM box hooked up to the higher priority inputs, I can turn them on and off and the switcher picks the input with the highest priority, falling back to the 6000 when everthing else is off.

However, if I put another 6000 on the switch, even if I turn it off from the front panel, it remains selected. The only times I've gotten the 6000 to remove sync is when its unplugged (duh), or when the 6000 power light is flashing (is it doing some kind of reset when flashing?)

I'm using an MSB Digital Director for the audio switching. I know that MSB has an upgrade available to do data detection rather than just switching based on digital signal presence. You can use this feature for installations with multiple chained CD changers, so I think that would work for me, but I don't know what to do about the video.

Anyone know why the 6000 stays active when its off?

Anybody got any good ideas?

I guess I could X-10 the AC adaptor for the 6000s and change my remote to power the AC line on and off.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.