AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been losing digital audio (over the optical link) when watching OTA the local CBS affiliate in SFO (KPIX). My receiver (Kenwood 507) doesn't see a digital audio signal after the station inserts a local commercial. It doesn't happen for every commercial, but when it does, I must change channel and return to get audio again. It only began a few weeks ago and I do not see it on other channels.

Anyone else seeing this type of problem? I'm wondering if the station "updated" their digital splicer and is causing the problem?

Mike

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I've been having the same problem with my Mits SR-HD5 unit also. I've seen threads that stated Mits was about to release a firmware update for the unit. I've had my unit since it first came out and havin't seen any updates.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
i don't lose sound but i have a terrible lip synch problem.

i thought it was the local digital channels in philly but is happening on anything that has dolby digital sound including HDNET.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same problem while watching KPIX shows on Monday night. And same solution, change the channel to something else and back. BTW, I had the SR-HD5 cheap sister, the Toshiba DST-3000. Some weird combination.

------------------

Tho!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.