AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My collection of Blu-Ray and 4Ks is now north of 300. With DVDs that number goes over 500. A modest collection compared to many. That said, storage solutions for this growing collection are not visually appealing to my eye. I have decided to place my collection in the unifinished portion of my basement where my theater AV equipment is placed out of sight. This is not an area where I would want guests perusing my collection.

My question: Is there a software system for a laptop or, ideally, a Kindle tablet that would allow for guests to scroll through ?movie poster? style images and synopsis info for my collection?

I have the Kodi software for my digital collection and it is a big hit with friends and family. I would love to find a similar interface for physical media.

I am also aware of the blu-ray.com list system but it requires too much clicking to see images and is not as visually grabbing as I would like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Try DvdProfiler from Invelos?

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I plan to mesh CollectorZ software with my digital movie poster light box, (which is a 1080P 43" hdtv
rotated ninety degrees).

And simply house two Bluray movies per Bluray case.

The CollectorZ software also has a tablet version, which would be a nice portable tool to eliminate
some doubling down purchases that happen more and more, with a large and growing with a collection.

My poster collection uses 1080x1600, and has a color bar for the remaining 320x1080 portion of a rotated hdtv.
The color bar backlights the text cutout.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts