AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Cox digital cable. I own a Denon A/V receiver. The problem is the Cox cable box doesn't have a digital out. No TOS. No digital coax. Without the digital out, I cannot listen to cable in Dolby Digital.

I called Cox tech support three times. Each time, the tech didn't have an answer for me. Each time, they told me a field tech would call me back. I never got a call.

I went to my local Cox office. I asked why I had digital cable if I couldn't listen to the digital channels in DD. She told me the company doesn't have have a box available with a digital out. So, I guess I am paying for digital cable for no reason.

Does anyone make a digital cable box with a digital out so I could listen to HBO, Showtime, ect. in DD?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I feel your pain. I have comcast digital cable but the box they gave u doesn't have digital out. I see the punchout labled s/pdif so I know the option is availble on higher end boxes.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by newsjeff
I went to my local Cox office. I asked why I had digital cable if I couldn't listen to the digital channels in DD. She told me the company doesn't have have a box available with a digital out.
That's insane. I have cox with a Motorola box with digital out. Perhaps the local cox in your area doesn't want to pay for the better box. I would try to investigate further if I were you. No point in looking for your own box. You won't be able to use a box that cox doesn't support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.