AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got digital cable and set up my Showstoppers to show analog channels in the guide as 1002-1075 and digital channels as 2-999. I disabled all the overlapping channels from 2-75. Every thing works great except one problem. All of my existing (pre digital cable) "show-based" recordings are still set to record the analog channels as 2-75 instead of 1002-1075.

For example, my Simpsons "theme-based" recording will correctly record from channel 1012 using the RF input on the Showstopper. But my Simpsons "show-based" recording still records from channel 12 using the cable box (Motorola (GI) DCT 2244/1661 with blaster code 0276 -- works great so far). This is no good.

How do I change all of my "show-based" recordings to use the analog channels (1002-1075) on the Showstopper RF input instead of using the cable box?

-Puffy

PS - I tried to do a search but couldn't even think of a good search term.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
you have to delete those channels and set them back up on the 1xxx number - for a show-based recording the replay will keep going to the channel that you set it up on, it won't switch to the other input

theme-based works because you delted those channels out of the guide...so when the replay searches it doesn't 'see' those channels - but the show based recording stick with the exact channel they were set up on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks lizard_boy

Is there a way to change the channel number in the show-based recording, or do I have to create a whole new show-based recording.

-Puffy

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Puffy
Thanks lizard_boy

Is there a way to change the channel number in the show-based recording, or do I have to create a whole new show-based recording.

-Puffy
no way i could figure out when i added digital cable - i just had to go through and create/delete all the channels

on the bright side it will probably help defrag your hard drive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.