AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the installer coming out on 10/27 to set me up with digital cable to go with my new HDTV-ready RPTV (love those acronyms). They are offering Showtime and HBO in HI-Def now and it looked pretty good when I saw it at the Good Guys when purchasing my PRTV. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with Time Warner's digital service. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Ken

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by K_Thompson
I've got the installer coming out on 10/27 to set me up with digital cable to go with my new HDTV-ready RPTV (love those acronyms). They are offering Showtime and HBO in HI-Def now and it looked pretty good when I saw it at the Good Guys when purchasing my PRTV. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with Time Warner's digital service. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Ken
Well, it's heartening to hear that Time Warner (my provider) is bringing HD cable to some portion of the vast state of California. What part of it do you live in, Ken?

-- Mike Scott

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike,

I live in Bakersfield, which is about 2.5 hours north of LA. Actually, If I hadn't gone shopping for a new RPTV I never would have know it was available. The Good Guys had it playing on one of their sets - HBO HD. There has been no local advertising for the service and the local office website doesn't mention it either. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Ken

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by K_Thompson
I live in Bakersfield, which is about 2.5 hours north of LA.
Well, Bakersfield isn't that far away--I drove to within 15 miles of there on my deadly boring trek down the 5 when I moved to here (San Diego) from South San Francisco Bay. 2.5 hours??? Hah! Not the way I, or the crowd of people I was in, were driving--I made the whole trip in 6 :). (I didn't get out of the car for gas or a bathroom break until I hit Oceanside).

Maybe there's hope for the rest of the state. Could there be unadvertised HDTV service available in San Diego even now? They are using ATSC-capable Motorola DCT-2000 STBs (which can be connected to an outboard HD MPEG-2 converter called HDD-500, I think, with multiple analog HD and SD outputs).

-- Mike Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.