AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what i currently have. Direct tv as my main source of watching and also hooked up to my tivo. My vcr is hooked directly to the incoming cable (before i got a digital box) so i can record from cable and watch the dish. Now i am gettin a digital box from twc and also keeping my dish for a while.

My tv has two seperate composit outlets, one for the dish and one hooked up to my dvd player. What would be the be st way to hook up this box?

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you are not getting HD cable you do not need to use a composite input for the digital cable feed -- just input it to an S input or regular video input. If you are getting HD cable then you will have one fewer composite inputs than you have devices (DVD, Sat, Cable). Note too that with HD cable you can still put the regular non-HD digital feed into a std input.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RTChoke
If you are getting HD cable then you will have one fewer composite inputs than you have devices (DVD, Sat, Cable).
Really? I thought an HD feed HAD to be fed in through COMPONENTS only (Unless of course you have a DVI input)

I never heard of a composite that could handle 1080i or 720P

Gus

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
gforce welcome to the forum. try a A/B switch, or video switcher as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well since the back of my tv has 2 sets of component jacks i took out my dvd player for now and used those jacks. Works good and i can still switch off to the sat when i need to.

Thanks;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yup -- should have said COMPONENT. My mistake. You knew what I meant,right????

--R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.