AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first thanks to everyone that shares their experiences here for others to learn,the question is, I Have Time Warner Cable in texas and have seen alot of their scientific atlanta boxes on ebay, would they work regardless of state or these boxes are programed just to work by region?or these boxes have to log in into a central network to download the signal?Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Welcome chrisintx. Receiving HD, SPDIF, S-video output jacks on a digital cable box (DCT) and a specific station on digital cable is the cable provider in your areas prerogative. I wouldn't trust an eBay DCT, the cable provider send them "hits" that scramble their codes. The LCD may light up, but they will not get anything unless the box is accounted for to the cable provider in your area.

"these boxes are programed just to work by region?or these boxes have to log in into a central network to download the signal?" yes and yes. At least this was true when I worked for Adelphia in Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
You are welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.