AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panny TH42PX60U, an HK AVR240 and a Sony DVP-NS75H. My question is, what is my best option for audio signal. The HK does not have hdmi so I am currently sending hdmi from the sony to the panny and analog rca from the panny to the HK. Would I be wiser to send the video via components from the sony to the panny and audio via digital coax or optical from the sony to the HK? I know, I read 'personal preference' all over this forum, but in theory, which route should provide me with the best video/audio combo?

·
Registered
172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtan614 /forum/post/0

I have a Panny TH42PX60U, an HK AVR240 and a Sony DVP-NS75H. My question is, what is my best option for audio signal. The HK does not have hdmi so I am currently sending hdmi from the sony to the panny and analog rca from the panny to the HK. Would I be wiser to send the video via components from the sony to the panny and audio via digital coax or optical from the sony to the HK? I know, I read 'personal preference' all over this forum, but in theory, which route should provide me with the best video/audio combo?

USE HDMI to send video to the TV. Turn off TV speakers. Run fiber optic or digital coax to the receiver. Do setup on Sony DVD and set dolby output to DD and bitstream.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.