AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of finalizing my A/V install and was hoping that I can get an answer to this question before I custom make a bunch of audio interconnects.

I will be installing four satellite receivers and a DVD player that all feature digital audio outputs. I will also be installing a Lexicon DC1 which accepts digital audio. Is it possible to use ONLY the digital audio connections from my sources to the Lexicon or do I also have to connect all of the the analog (L/R) audio outputs as well?

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
"Is it possible to use ONLY the digital audio connections from my sources to the Lexicon or do I also have to connect all of the the analog (L/R) audio outputs as well? "

No, you can use digital only. Running analog also can be handy if you use the rec/zone2 feature though.

You are going to run into a problem... the DC-1 only has 4 digital inputs (2 coax, 2 toslink)... you have 5 digital sources. It is possible to make a switcher that will basically double the 2 coax inputs to 4 and will work automatically with the DC-1 though.

Shawn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.