AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i signed up for the silver package...but it seems that i don't have some of the channels.

like msg hd and fox sports hd. or sundance and some others.

what to do? guess i have to call cablevision? or should i wait a couple of days?

but i'm getting some channels that aren't in the silver package. like showtime and stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you just signed up for iO, how do u know that you're supposed to get Sundance and those channels?

I have the silver package with iO.....I don't even know if I get Sundance or not or if I'm even supposed to cuz I don't watch it.

As for MSGHD and FSNYHD:

1)Are the channels there and you get no picture, or do the channels not come up at all?

2) Are you getting the other HD channels (INHD, PBSHD, HD movie channels)? If you're not, then HD might not even be available in your area. The iO website has a list of zip codes in which HD is not available. If you are, then I would call CV and see wtf is goin on with MSG and FSNY.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i get the other hd channels fine. but when i go to msghd and fsnyhd...it lists a number to call to order it.

basically...of all the silver package channels that are listed...i'm not getting sundance, msghd, and fsnyhd. getting everything else fine. and also getting lots of the gold package channels.

so i'm kind of complaining...but not really. since i have more channels. not sure how long it will last though.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
do you have the SciAtl 4200HD or the Sony box ?

Showtime is NOT in the silver package, unless you order it seperately (I have the silver package and get the HBOs, Encores & Starz channels). MSGHD is 720, FSNYHD 725, CBSHD 702, FoxED 705, PBSHD 713, StarzHD 740

please verify you get these other channels

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the sa4200hd box. with the silver package...i'm suppose to get hbo, encore, starz, and msg/fsny. which i do. but i don't get msghd/fsnyhd.

and for some reason...i'm getting showtime, cinemax, tmc, etc.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I think when they activate new customers, those who order the silver package get the gold package for the first day of two. I'd still call & tell them that you are receiving the not authorized on msghd & fox sports hd, but don't mention about showtime,max,tmc

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wasn't aware that when new customers are activated...they get the gold channels. was hoping it would be longer than first day or two. hehe. j/k.

maybe i'll wait a week to see what transpires...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Call CV and tell them about FSNYHD and MSGHD.......that's happened to me a couple of times where I wasn't "authorized" to watch a channel or two. One time it fixed itself, the other I called and they were able to fix it right in front of my eyes.

When I got my regular box swapped for the 4200HD, they gave me the gold package for free.....i was kinda hopin that the tech guy messed up or something and that i would keep getting those channels for the silver package price.....no such luck....lost them in a few weeks or so:(

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
msghd and fsnyhd showed up when i came home from work. haven't seen any games yet though.

yeah...i'm thinking the extra channels will go away soon. longer the better of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.