AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking for a digital music media that has an optical output and also supports FLAC files.

I am currently using an Onkyo 809. I use a Xoom and a 3.5 mm to rca (Belkin) cable to connect the Xoom to the receiver.

I would like to spend less than $150

Also, is there another home set-up that will provide me with great sound quality. I am just afraid that the Xoom degrades the sound quality. Thanks

I think I will just use a Dune 301 or Western Digital WD TV Live Streaming device(from PC to device), since they both support FLAC and have digital outs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gus, I found your thread invaluable. Any comments on the Dunes? The Dune HD 101 seems to be a budget streamer. Thanks

·
Registered
7,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowyahoo  /t/1416336/digital-media-player-with-optical-hdmi-output#post_22144786

Thanks Gus, I found your thread invaluable. Any comments on the Dunes? The Dune HD 101 seems to be a budget streamer. Thanks

I own a Dune D1, and a PCH-A210 currently. I used to own the AIOS, Mede8er Med500X2 and a PCH-A300. They all played all of my media, but they also had some little things that my family didn't like. So, I ended up selling them.

The Dunes are solid media players, but I do not have any experience with the Dune TV Series. I know that Damian / dbone1026 is currently testing the Dune TV301.

However, the only two things I see wrong with the 101 is:

1) No support for BD ISO's.

2) No support for HD sound.

3) I have head that the remote control isn't as responsive, and it needs a clear a direct line of sight for it to respond. However, I am not sure if this is true or not.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. The only issue I have with the 301 is the lack of HD sound, it plays MKV files and FLAC (which is what I need). This would have been be perfect for me if it support HD sound. Nonetheless, it is only $130. I will probably buy the WD TV Live Streaming device, since it is cheaper. Thanks again, Gus, you have been awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts