AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming up short on naming hardware that can accomplish the following objectives out of the box(ie: no hacking required):

1.) Play my DRMed music downloaded from Napster onto my computer through my home theatre receiver without resorting to a burn to disc, rip to harddrive workaround.

2.) Play video stored on my computer through my A/V receiver and show it on my LCD; and,

3.) Connect through a wireless network.

4.) Not required to install windows media center os on the computer. I use Windows XP.

As far as I can tell the only hardware that can do this is the D-Link medialounge and the upcoming Xbox 360. The Roku photobridge is nice, but it does not seem to support WMDRM. Also, the Xbox 360 will show the video media in HD, which I think will be certainly worthwhile. The D-Link is only 640x480 I believe.

Am I right or wrong please. What the hardware costs is not of concern, but only that it work out of the box.

Thanks.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norgoth
The Roku photobridge is nice, but it does not seem to support WMDRM. Thanks.

Natively no, but if you have a UpnP server I seem to recall having seen people playing or streaming feeds in this format, I may be wrong, but you may want to ask the questions in the ROKU forums.

Barry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.