AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you please recommend , if they exist, an MP3 player (not a MP3/DVD Player) that has a digital audio out port either copper or optical? I would like my receiver to do the conversion from digital to analog.

Thank You!

j

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know how to satisfy this requiment. I imagine, folks that have put some money into a receiver have wondered how to do this. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I found the sarotech digital jukebox, but have not found any usefull reviews

thanks

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Very rarely ever a DAP would have optical out. Most of them have line-out which is the

same thing as optical out but via 3.5mm jack.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't line out carry an analog signal? I am trying to output a digitial signal.

At the end of the day, I want a reasonably priced solution to store my music digitally, preferrably without the use of a computer that is in another part of the house, so the pc does not have to be on all the time. Some sort of IPOD type device, but I would rather it have a digital output , to use the dacs on my recv.

Any thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a mp3 player that has a digital out. It is an old iRiver iHP-120 and uses a 3,5 miniplug optical out as digital out. I use it for my portable DAC/AMP to enjoy high-end high quality portable music. It is as big as a 160g iPod classic, just thicker. You can get it over eBay, I bought mine for $155 via eBay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts