AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a projector out yet that can support a 16 foot throw without an attachment such as a throw lens?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Not sure what you mean. My D-ILA is 18' ft from the screen and could easily be 16' but the maximum size of the image will be different. You'll have to mention the size of the image you want to get a proper answer.

·
Registered
27,183 Posts
Whilst you're at it, I will need one with a 30 ft. throw!!!!!!!!

Obviously, a upgraded lens will need to be purchased.

Anyone aware of one. (120" wide screen).

I am interested in the forthcoming JVC 150GT (model #- ??)

Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to project a 106 diagonal. My projector needs to go back 16 feet for installation. Otherwise, it will have to be cumbersomely floor mounted, and no doubt in the way. Any options are fine at this point.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I am not sure that I understand your question.

Virtually every projector can be 16 feet from the screen and produce an in-focus image at that distance. The issue will be the size of the picture, which of course relates to the focal length of the lens (or, for a zoom lens, the focal length range).

Take a look at
http://www.projectorcentral.com

They have a database that includes information about image sizes at various distances and zoom lens settings. You can readily compute from this information what the size of the image (or range) will be at the distance of, say, 16 feet.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
24,981 Posts
For a 16' diag 4:3, that's 84.8" wide. At 16', that equates to a 2.26:1 throw ratio, which is in the range of most pj's with a zoom lens.

If you mean a 108" 16:9 screen, that'd be 94" wide, for 2.04:1 throw ratio, ditto above.

------------------

Noah

·
Registered
9 Posts
The sharp XV-Z9000U fits the bill you can have anything from 92" diag to 106" diag screen with 16 feet of throw. I have it at 14' on a 92" diag and it works great, it has a zoom lens that covers a pretty wide range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.