AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Digital Radio Struggling against HD Radio, Says Strategy Analytics

August 17, 2011 By Rahul Arora, TMCnet Contributor

Strategy Analytics recently came up with a new research report, “Harmonizing Radio Transmission: Can AM/FM, Digital Radio, and Satellite Radio Coexist in North America and Europe?” shows that digital radio market in U.S. and Europe has fallen down in comparison with HD Radio. The automotive OEMs are now willing to make HD Radio a standard feature.

http://headsets.tmcnet.com/topics/he...s-strategy.htm

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
That article is confusing. "Digital radio" as a competitor to HD Radio... Which digital? (Satellite, online "radio" such as Pandora, DRM or another standard not used in the USA?). I am happy to see the last part, OEMs adding HD Radio to their vehicles more.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
23 Aug 2011 By Amy Gilroy

About 50 car models in the U.S. already have Internet radio app integration or will offer it in model-year 2012. These include car models from BMW, Ford, Lincoln, Mercedes-Benz, Scion, Buick, Chevrolet and Hyundai.

Pandora has partnered with the makers of more than 200 consumer electronics devices, including Alpine, Panasonic, Pioneer, Samsung and Sony. It has also developed relationships with auto makers including Ford, Mercedes-Benz and Mini. Also General Motors, Hyundai and Toyota have announced plans for future Pandora integrations.

For more, see the IHS iSuppli report The Connected CarIn-Vehicle Apps for the Future .

http://satelliteradioplayground.com/...-to-skyrocket/

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I still can't believe after all this time, HD radio isn't in every home theater receiver and car radio. I bought a $99 Sony home stereo component 3 or 4 years ago. It seems to me HD has made virtually no in-roads during that time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.