Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gaz,

My roommate was from Auburn, good school! According to www.100000watts.com you should be able to get WAIQ-DT, channel 14 in Montgomery. You may also be able to get WALA-DT channel 9 out of Mobile if you put up a VHF antenna.

Raycom Media has its headquarters in Montgomery, though they don't own any stations in town. They do own one in Columbus, GA however. They sent out a press release a couple of months ago announcing that they were purchasing 18 transmitters from Harris. Presumably this would cover their 18 largest markets, so Shreveport may get one and Columbus likely won't. Never can tell where they will put them though.

Hope that helps.

Jim in Shreveport

------------------

Let me get this straight, this show is hi-def and 5.1, but my local affiliate makes it crappy NTSC and mono?!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anyone out there know if the TV stations in Columbus, GA or Montgomery, AL have begun contruction for digital broadcasting?

------------------

gaz

·
Registered
943 Posts
You can go to: TitanTV.com and then to stations coming soon and type in your zip code. The list contains all broadcast stations in your area and the exact date they intend to start broadcasting Digital TV.
http://www.titantv.com/ttv/programming/ComingSoon.asp

Jerry

·
Registered
287 Posts
Jerry, thanks on the link to digital stations broadcasting or about to be broadcasting. As I expected, the May 1, 2002 is listed for most stations. This means they most likely have not started changing to digital... And when that deadline appears, you can bet they will be applying for an extension. I suspect the stations in this area will be drug kicking and screaming into the digital era.

------------------

gaz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.