Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I have been relatively quiet here on AVS as of late, but still do “lurk.â€

I've been reading the AVS recently about DTP and thought I would post a little something. Simply because sometimes it is nice to have an independent party's opinion on something.

I have been fortunate enough to be in close workings with Stan on this project since it first started being developed months ago.

Stan has put a TON of time into it. The screenshots are AMAZING. At first I was someone wary, considering the amount of "vaporware" and "all talk, no action" that is out there. Well, rest assured, DTP exists. I have seen it, and played with it. It will exceed your expectations, guaranteed (It certainly has exceeded mine). The value for the money for DTP is second to none. Combine the amazing functionality with a very talented programmer who is ACTIVELY SEEKING OUT advice and implementing ideas, and you have a top-class home theatre control device. This is a utility that is reliable and functions as well as higher end Crestron systems that I have seen.

I am very particular about my home theatre system and what software I will use and not use. This is what we’ve all been looking for. Combine this with a touchpad and you have a system that will amaze you.

This program has matured from an idea into a working/functional piece of software. What you choose to do is your choice. I just thought I would provide a 3rd party's perspective.

I wish I could say more, but that is for Stan to divulge at his discretion.

A VERY eager DTP user-

-L

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I too have been looking forward to this apps release for a long time...

Can you give us a run down of how you have implemented it into your setup ??

What kind of HW are you running it on ??

What interface have you constructed ??

What is is controlling ??

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I'll add a 'me too' to that. I'm building my HTPC as we speak (type?), and I'm looking forward to what it promises to do. I pre-bought a copy back in April hoping it would be ready by now. Oh, well. I've been in the system software business for over thirty years, and I certainly know how that story goes (both telling it and listening to it :) ).

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Oh, oh! When did I become a Senior Member? (Yeah, I know. Probably just the 200 post boundry, huh?)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Can you give us a run down of how you have implemented it into your setup ??

What kind of HW are you running it on ??

What interface have you constructed ??

What is is controlling ??
My setup is as follows:

Projector: NEC LT150

Audio: Marantz SR7200

HTPC: 1 Ghz PIII with IRMan - I have 3 other computers and use a wired as well as an 802.11b networking system. One of the computers is purely a media/mp3 server.

Since it is still in the final stages, there are a lot of changes being implemented/programmed. Here is what is does thus far (I might be forgetting some things) :

Configuration

Display mode (i.e. full screen, etc), Color Mode (8 vs 16 bit),

Hide mouse cursor (for touchscreens)

File Chooser

Recognizes local and networked drives... so you don't have to have

all your files (i.e. mp3's) on the same computer. Can utiliize a "media

server"

Basic (default) theme

This is just to damn sweet. Can't describe it. This is what the

screenshots will be for

Can create windows on the fly

No description needed

Input plugins are done for touchscreen computers (keyboard/numberpad)

With a touchscreen (i.e. Point 510 or the Progear) you NEVER need a

keyboard to do ANYTHING. It's awesome!

Can pre-empt programs to run stuff at same time

It's difficult to describe everything it does so far. I'm doing most of this from memory as I am not at home right now. What amazes me is how clean this program is. It's an efficient coding scheme from what I can tell (from my limited programming knowledge).

Hope that helps answer questions. I will post more on the functionality of the program in the near future.

-L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.