AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Have a new Samsung 40" Smart TV.

I use headphones, and this unit only has an optical output.
No more, for whatever reason, analog audio output for headphones.

Trying to find a D/A digital to analog, Converter to take the optical TV output and convert it to an analog audio stream for my headphones.

Problem is that I want a Converter with an adjuster output amplifier to adjust the volume going to the headphones.

Amazon had only one that I could find that had this feature.
Bought it, but had to return it as it did not have enough power to drive my headphones with any reasonable volume.

There must be others that have the adj. amp feature, but I can't find any.

Anyone know of any, for, perhaps, under $50 or so ?

Thanks,
Bob
Hello,

Have a new Samsung 40" Smart TV, and for reasons that are totally beyond me, they don't provide a simple analog audio output for headphones.

So, I have to use the Optical Output.

Trying to find a (under $ 50) Digital to Analog (D/A) Converter to take an optical input and provide an analog audio output for the headphones I use.

Many, many, on Amazon, but only one I could find which has an adjustable amplifier to adjust the output volume. This is a feature I really want.

Tried it, but did not have enough gain for headphones, so had to return it.

So, might anyone please suggest other D/A s with an adjustable output Amplifier ?
There must be others, but Amazon seems to have only one item like this.

Thank you very much,
Bob

Hello,

Have a new Samsung 40" Smart TV, and for reasons that are totally beyond me, they don't provide a simple analog audio output for headphones.

Trying to find a (under $ 50) Digital to Analog (D/A) Converter to take an optical input and provide an analog audio output for the headphones I use.

Many, many, on Amazon, but only one I could find which has an adjustable amplifier to adjust the output volume. This is a feature I really want.

So, might anyone please suggest other D/A s with an adjustable output Amplifier ?

Thank you very much,
Bob

Hello,

Thank you very much,
Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts