Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Unfortunately, I need an optical toslink to analog RCA converter.........does anyone know where I can find one of these. It seems the only thing I find on the net is analog to digital.

thanks

jim

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Do you need 44.1/16, 96/24, DD, and/or DTS decoding with 2.0, 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 analog outputs ? You may be just as well off buying new receiver.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
William,

Forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea what all those numbers mean. Here's a brief explanation of why I need the converter and then maybe you can help me out.

I connected my PC via optical out to my RX-V1400 optical in.......just to listen to music I have on my PC on my home system....this works great. However, I just set up my zone2 feature and zone2 can only play sources connected via the analog L/R jacks.........thus the need for the converter.

Please help if you can

thanks

jim

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Why don't you just use the analog out from your PC sound card then?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JamesCB..........no, I mean optical toslink to analog rca. I don't know if there is even such a thing.

The reason I'm not using the analog out of my sound card is becasue I just spent the entire weekend running the optical cable through conduit along the outside of my house to get to my amp. There is no more room in the conduit for another cable........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.