AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for reading.

Just a simple issue/question

If you look here, this gets you the idea.
http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun...lineup_3831976

When I plug the Coaxial into my tv's, they scan the channels and find all my analog channels AND the channels I linked above.

When I plug the coaxial into the digital QAM tuner of the Avermedia M780, media center does not find these. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Edit: appears to be a setting/issue in Windows media center....I used Avermedia's media center and its scan found all those ClearQAM channels.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Windows 7 is supposed to pick up QAM natively. BUT, you must have the right capture card AND Windows 7 specific driver. If you are using a Vista driver on your M780, then Windows 7 will not recognize it's QAM capability. So as a first step, make sure you update your driver to one specific for Windows 7.

Other programs WILL pick up on the QAM channels as you have seen, but Media Center is much more picky. Although your M780 may work fine with Vista drivers, Media Center will not get the QAM channels.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Windows 7 grabbed a driver and installed it, however I went ahead and downloaded the driver from there website and I am currently rescanning now to see what it finds.

Im without thought. It will not find these channels for nothing. I can not even manually enter them. It picks up just 2 channels when I do a digital scan and they are both local OTA

·
Registered
202 Posts
When you first do a scan in 7MC of clearQAM, often it will only display the ones that have guide/channel ID data that Windows can understand, such as the local stations. For whatever reason, 7MC won't display the other ones. What you need to do is go to Settings->TV->Guide->edit channels, and then "auto select", or manually go through and see if you can get a usable signal on the unencrypted channels.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew c /forum/post/19596240

When you first do a scan in 7MC of clearQAM, often it will only display the ones that have guide/channel ID data that Windows can understand, such as the local stations. For whatever reason, 7MC won't display the other ones. What you need to do is go to Settings->TV->Guide->edit channels, and then "auto select", or manually go through and see if you can get a usable signal on the unencrypted channels.

This was more less it. All the channels were found but there guide data was not. I just went in and told Media center what channels they were....downloaded and were rolling. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.