AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guyz! I have an urgent question that I would appreciate if someone can help me out.

I currently live in US and plan to move back to Hong Kong in the near future. I have a Samsung LN40A750 TV (the model number probably different in HK) which I bought here in the States and wondering if I can use it in HK.

I know HK digital signal use DMB-T/H format which I doubt my ATSC TV can support it natively.

I am wondering if I use a set-top box with DMB-T/H in and HDMI out.....can it still produce image on my TV?

The set-top box should decode the signal...and since HDMI is digital..so I think there shouldn't be any 'format' issue..am I correct?

Please help me out coz I don't know whether I should ship it back or not.

Thanks alot!!!!!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
The Hong Kong DTV signals will not be supported by your TV, but I also doubt that a STB will work, unless your TV supports 50Hz video. Supporting 50Hz AC power (which is common) is not enough.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable about this can add to this, but I don't know of any cases where a US TV will work in a PAL country (at least w/o a lot of work).

Usually, buying local equipment is the better solution that trying to ship a US TV overseas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help.

My TV is Samsung L40A750. Do you know if it can support 50Hz?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Your TV's manual should have a list of specifications near the end, which should mention 50Hz compatibility if it exists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts