AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I adjusted my set with this disk. Overall I like the way it looks except it may be a little dark; this because of the pluge adjustment.

Do adjustments made with the Component 1 input carry over to the other inputs? Should adjustments made with a DVD input also be valid with cable input? Can each input have different settings? I thought someone said that each input could have its own settings but this does not seem to be the case.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The settings definitely carry over from 1 input to another, which is not a good thing. I had adjusted my settings based on the Cinema mode, and I really like the picture for dvds, however those settings are not that great for SD. The best compromise I could find was creating settings on Normal and Dynamic and using those for other inputs.

There is probably a workaround somewhere in the service menu. Does anyone know where I can order a service manual for this set?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea. I have mine set to Cinema/warm.

Someone mentioned in another thread that the service manual can be ordered from a 1-800 Panasonic parts number. The phone number was not given in the message, but I found this one:

"National Parts Center at 800-833-9626 between the hours of 9am and 7:30pm EST Monday through Friday"

I think the wait time was more than six weeks. Cost less than $15. The manual was not listed with the online parts catalog.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The manual is huge and goes into detail on the service menus. Some of the calibrations require s/w to be run on the connected PC while others are visual setting and saving.

·
Registered
95 Posts
On a similar note, how do you tweak the picture when your DVD player is connected via DVI? I noticed that through a DVI input, the only video adjustments you can make are: red, blue, green, and i think brightness. Do you have to mess around with the r, g, b values to do calibration in this mode?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vfr700
The manual is huge and goes into detail on the service menus. Some of the calibrations require s/w to be run on the connected PC while others are visual setting and saving.
Can you get the software or is that just for techs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually, the way it seems to work is that for each "type" of connection you have the 3 presets you can change ("Dynamic", "Normal", and "Cinema"). For example, if you change "Normal" on Component 1, it changes "Normal" for Component 2 & 3. But does not change "Normal" for Video 1 and 2.

Re: Adjusting DVI/VGA

I ran DVE calibrations using PowerDVD on my HTPC, and it required no adjustments. I.e., the colors were all pretty much perfect. But I imagine you could do color adjustments with the RGB values.

Sklug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.