AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the status of the "Digital video Essentials"?

·
Registered
509 Posts
There is a blurb in the First Look section of the July/August SGHT on it. It will first be available on D-theater, JVC's hi-def tape. Standard def DVD will follow...in other words, same old stuff from Joe Kane...

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
jcthomas:

Thanks for the link. Could be interesting, guess we'll have to wait and see. Waiting for new releases of VE seems to be a fact of life. I recall thinking they were never going to get the DVD version released. Delay after delay after delay. Looks like this one is suffering the same fate.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Hob:

Interesting. Please explain a bit more about "3 versions for reach level of calibration". Does this mean you can do more personal calibrating, perhaps getting closer to what an ISF tech would do?

·
Registered
669 Posts
As someone who has, unfortunately, never even seen the first Video Essentials available for purchase:( , I was curious as to where any of you suppose I'd find a copy of the DVD version of this new edition (once it finally becomes available) and how much you suppose it'll retail for.

Also, I have my TV set up using THX Optimizer with the Blue Filter glasses to set up tint and colour and was wondering, would this new (or the old version, for that matter) Video Essentials package actually give me even better results than the ones I already have? Or should I just leave well enough alone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.