AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my DTC and my Dila I have the Dila set to Auto on source hooked up via VGA to VGA and just using a cheap rabbit ears I can get 80% signal on the PBS channel last night in HD mode on all of the horizontal pans left or right there is distortion like the picture is having a hard time keeping up verticle pans are find ...

Has anyone run into this.

Thanks Hugo

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hugo,

I don't think I can help you too much, but I had a very small "tearing" issue on my DTC with HD material(non antenna) and I fixed it from within Dilard. I'm not sure if this is the same thing you're seeing, though.

This is one of the reasons I have a Radeon VE card. I can view HD material on the G11 while tweaking Dilard on the 2nd monitor, using "apply changes immediately".

E-mail me if you want me to send you my HDTV Dilard config.

Chris

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be great I started playing around with different sorces today and maybe the BNC cable might help because when I choose Auto detect it goes to Mac13.

If I had the BNC the 1080i would show up to select.

Thanks Hugo

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hugo,

Is PBS 1080i?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If you are using a VGA mini D15 connector on computer 1 you will unable to achieve your goal. There is no source resolution for "video resolutions" on computer 1. The 1080i source resolution exists on computer 2 and the component input. The easiest way to resolve your problem, is to purchase a breakout cable (vga d15 to 5 BNC). The DTC100 will then autosynch to the HDTV source resolution for 1080i material. This is the best picture you will see with a D-ILA projector (assuming good 1080i material).

Computer 2 is the most versatile input on the D-ILA as it contains all the video source resolutions of the component input, and all the computer source resolutions of the computer1 input. You should have no tearing once you do this.

------------------

Don O

[This message has been edited by Don O'Brien (edited 10-06-2001).]

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a BetterCables Premium VGA breakout cable in the classifieds (under accessories, cables) if you are interested.

-- John

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone

I'll try the vga to bnc tonight.

I'll keep you in mind john thanks just got back from Radio shack. I just want to find out if its a receaver issue or cables or projector.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hugo,

is that the sweetest picture you have ever seen from your D-ILA?

Glad it worked out!! All our issues with these contraptions should be so easily resolved.

------------------

Don O

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hugomed,

I'm using the same setup - DTC-100 using VGA to D-ILA G11. Mine always syncs to MAC13 too. Looks good, can't complain.

So you're saying that the DTC-100 looks better through Computer2(RGBHV) than Computer1(VGA)? Did Radio Shack have the VGA->5BNC as a stock item?

------------------

DVI/HDCP makes your HDTV not ready

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I get smooth pans now what a difference. Looks fantastic.

The radio shack I got was just to confirm it was the problem. 39.00 at there super store.

I'll be setting it up in a home theater and don't know the length yet. My home is being built so I don't want to invest a great deal of money to find out its not long enough.

There was I guy who was experimenting with network cables to BNC so I'll like to try that out.

I'll have to do a search for the post hope its not deleted.

Hugo

[This message has been edited by Hugomed (edited 10-08-2001).]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry for this probably simple question that has been covered many times - I just can't find the answer on the Forum.

I just got a DTC-100 and hooked it up for the first time to my G15 a couple of days ago. Fantastic on HDTV!

I have been using Computer 1 input. I have ordered a D-to-5 BNC adapter to use Comp 2- I assume from this thread that this is the best way to directly connect the DTC-100 to the G-15?

My one frustration is that I can't set the D-ILA to 16:9 on Computer 1 input. Will connecting to Comp 2 input instead let me do this? Is there another/better way to get full-width 16:9 DTC-100 output directly onto the d-ila (without using the Crop or Letterbox options on the DTC-100 output)?

Also, what is the best way to correct the right offset - perhaps the answer to this will become apparent once I get the DTC-100 into Computer 2 input?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by thorrall
My one frustration is that I can't set the D-ILA to 16:9 on Computer 1 input. Will connecting to Comp 2 input instead let me do this?
Yes.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Thorrall: If you use the computer 2 input on the JVC D-ILA for the RCA DTC 100, using the VGA out of the RCA with a 5 BNC "breakout cable" into the D-ILA, you with have the optimum results with a 16X9 set up option in the JVC. You can also use the "Position" (Vertical and Horizontal) for minor screen alignment adjustments. On the RCA DTC100, there is a set up menu to select between three monitor refresh outputs. Select the center one on the DTC 100 menu and follow the instructions. Regards.

·
Registered
25 Posts
jc,

I bought the DTC100 open box and don't have a manual for it yet. I don't see how to access the refresh rate menu. Can you or someone else describe how to do this?

Thanks

On the RCA DTC100, there is a set up menu to select between three monitor refresh outputs. Select the center one on the DTC 100 menu and follow the instructions. Regards.

J Thomas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.