AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 2 months I've been lurking and reading and trying to find out information on new projectors.I hope to purchase one sometime during the summer but I have a question about the maximum screen size I can have with a DILA. My room area is 13'4"wide x 18'long can someone give me the biggest screen 16 x 9 that I can have in this amount of space?

· Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Richard,

Assuming that you are going to project along the 18' dimension, you have this range:

Diagonal Range: 92.2 - 142.8 in. ( 7.7 - 11.9 ft.)

Height Range: 55.3 - 85.7 in. ( 4.6 - 7.1 ft.)

Width Range: 73.8 - 114.3 in. ( 6.1 - 9.5 ft.)

I have a room almost the same dimensions (12.8' wide, 17' long) and went with a 96" wide, 54" high 16:9 screen for my G11.

If you want the biggest screen you can get, I happen to have a 114 inch 16:9 screen, still in the box (never used). It was just a tiny bit too big for my room. E-mail me if interested.

By the way, this wasn't as much work as it looks like. There is a web based screen size/throw calculator at Projector Central .

Mark

· Registered
760 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the speedy answer quys can you believe I've been to projector central and didn't see the projector calulator i feel really silly but thanks for the info guys next time I'll try to look at the whole site.

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the speedy answer quys can you believe I've been to projector central and didn't see the projector calulator i feel really silly but thanks for the info guys next time I'll try to look at the whole site.

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.