AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any decrease inbulb pricing. Anyone hear anything on other suppliers/options? My particular interest is the G15.

Thank you very much

Fury

·
Registered
574 Posts
Also interested, though for a G11.

Thanks

------------------

Our Home Theater - http://www.fatbulldog.com

Last updated 6/1/01

·
Registered
169 Posts
Also interested, though for a DLA-G3010Z.

Thanks

------------------

Alfred Cylla

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I'm at 500 hrs on my G11, so it's time for me to start thinking about having one as a replacement, but I'm afraid the price is still around $750 from AVS.

I'm sure if Alan could, he'd put together a power buy of some sort, but this has been hammered to death here over the last year or so and I haven't seen anything even close to the prospect of a lesser priced bulb.

Sure would be nice to get the DILA burn time down to about .50 cents an hour though, wouldn't it?

Chris

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Srgtfury:
Any decrease inbulb pricing. Anyone hear anything on other suppliers/options? My particular interest is the G15.

Thank you very much

Fury
Haven't heard a thing on this issue for sometime. I don't think the price drop will ever occur, unless Disney goes out of business. My money is on Disney...

BTW: There have been many post in recent past which talked about alternative bulbs or retrofits(not as easy as it sounds). However, there does not seem to be enough margin involved to make it economically feasible for companies like Alan Gouger's and others to merit their investment. The amount of demand is simply not there. Unfortunately, the xenon bulb cost is the only major drawback for exceptional picture quality.

Albert

[This message has been edited by Alberts (edited 09-08-2001).]

·
Registered
203 Posts
CCLAY,

I think MVS was offering the bulb for $725 about a year ago. There really is enough margin on these bulbs and I heard it through JVC, Alan, Dennis... I wish there was an alternative, but it doesn't look too good.

Albert

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping that someone ad CEDIA might hear of a new source or one of the bulb vendors, whom I querried and had interest at Infocom 2 years ago might have enough interest, etc. to be another source.

Thank you very much

Fury

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Hi all

Are these bulbs for our digital projectors difficult to manufacture, and or have a high material cost? If I owned a LT150 and had to pay 25% of the cost of the projector to buy a new bulb i would be pissed off. It sounds like the DILA bulbs are only 7% of the cost of the projector. Anyway, just a thought.

--William

10HT

SD6200

8'Wide 1.3

·
Registered
574 Posts
Chris,

I'm with you... I just passed the 500hr. mark myself and need to plan ahead, though the $750 hit seems quite outrageous when you really think about it. However, it isn't anything I didn't know from the beginning.

Brian

------------------

Our Home Theater - http://www.fatbulldog.com

Last updated 6/1/01

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beatty:
Hi

I need 2 bulbs. One for both a G-15 and G-11. Where can I buy? Thanks for your help!

Dave
Send email to Alan Gouger of AVscience. He will be happy to help.

Albert

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by William Mapstone:
Hi all

Are these bulbs for our digital projectors difficult to manufacture, and or have a high material cost?

--William

10HT

SD6200

8'Wide 1.3
William,

Do a search on "DILA bulbs" in under this topic...you'll find your answer there... with much debate on pricing and construction.

Albert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.