AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally use an HTPC with a Dila G1000. Recently, I purchased both a DVD2800 and an RP56 to try for ease-of-use.

Using either DVD player into the Dila composite input, there is a small amount of video noise that I cannot get rid of. The RP56 is better than the DVD2800 in this regard. The HTPC via Computer 1 is extremely clean with no perceptible noise.

Is it possible that the component input is a little noisy?

I have an ancient G1000 - it doesn't have 720p support. I had heard from somewhere that JVC upgraded the input boards at the same time they added 720p to the G1000. I wonder if that is true?

I am using high-quality cables, but I went ahead and ordered replacements from a different manufacturer just in case.

Should I be using the Computer 2 input for component instead?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
MJWS,

you mentioned composite in the beginning of the thread, may I assume that you are using the component inputs and the progressive mode of both of these DVD player? Your description is indicative of a cable problem, deinterlacing artifacts (if you are not using the progressive mode with the 480p source resolution on the component input), or scaling artifacts. Are you using film based material with 3:2 pulldown engaged on both of these player.

------------------

STOP HDCP on DVI

Don O

[This message has been edited by Don O'Brien (edited 09-07-2001).]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don -

Yes, I meant component, not composite.

I am using progressive output on both players. I figure it is either the cables, the DILA built-in scaler, or the DVD players themselves. It does look an awful lot like phase noise - but then again, the RP56 is markedly better than the DVD2800. Maybe it is a combination of factors.

As I mentioned before, the HTPC is free from the noise - after adjusting tracking/phase.

I have better cables on order - so I am hoping that they will prove to be the solution.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.