AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing lately that on the left side screen middle i am getting a green cast, when i put up a white screen it is not noticeable but can be seen when there is a light gray screen, movies you can notice the green cast on items on the screen, black and white movies it really noticeable, would dillard be able to correct this? the convergence is also off on each side of the screen. I have a JVC/Dila G11U uncalibrated. the projector is inverted.

·
Registered
842 Posts
This is a shading problem. Mine had this problem with the

red which is how i got started in this whole thing.

The shading wizard is somewhere after the release of the

gamma wizard which is dilard 2.2.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Kevin, I appericate your answer, now i know what to buy, I have 2.0 but plan on ordering the setup listed in the fourm to correct this.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Kevin

I always thought that the Shading problem could only be corrected by hardware adjustment not software.

Thats good news.

HUgo

·
Registered
574 Posts
The shading portion of dilard was the initial reason I purchased it - luckily the shading issues have become less severe on my D-ILA over time, especially after black level adjustment etc. I sure hope that the full gamma calibration will even further improve the overall picture and black level - it is really good right now, but some of Mark's comments were that you will be amazed at the results! I can't wait.

Brian

------------------

Our Home Theater - http://www.fatbulldog.com

Last updated 6/1/01

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.