Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DTC 100 Or Hughes E86/Tosh 3000?

Little confused on HDTV input/output. DTC has VGA out while Hughes box has Component out.

1) DTC option would feed the Quadscan VGA pass-thru to my existing VGA to RGBHV Comp 2 DILA input. Have to change input on Quad for HD (or use auto-detect from Quad).

2) Hughes box has Component out only for HDTV, correct? Can't feed this into the Quad component in, right? Okay, so I send new Component lines (YPrPb) direct to the DILA component input from the STB. Now I have to switch input on the DILA just for the HD stuff.

SDTV would go SVideo thru the quad in both cases, I assume.

Anyone use a Component out HD STB with DILA (and Quadscan)? What's the optimum configuration?

Thanks for the help AVS brain trust...

(Hope we get some HDTV forum readers here too. Kind of a cross-post)

------------------

Ken B.

[This message has been edited by Ken Blauvelt (edited 06-28-2001).]

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use two cables. RGBHV from my satellite to my G11 and a VGA from the QuadScan to the G11. I switch from the G11 remote. Just push one button and your there.

------------------

Irv Kelman

We are THX Certified.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoah, back up a little bit Irv. I'm a little slow here.

Which HD STB do you have (that has RGBHV out, or do you mean VGA ala DTC100), and what inputs are you using on the G11?

I assume you're switching the DILA remote between computer 1 & 2 and not Computer 2 and video inputs.

I'm wondering if anyone has run HD to the DILA thru the component out of the STB to the DILA component in?

------------------

Ken B.

[This message has been edited by Ken Blauvelt (edited 06-27-2001).]

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ken,

I have a 4DTV receiver with the HDTV decoder. I run the RGBHV to computer 2.

VGA out of QuadScan into computer 1.

Hope this helps.

------------------

Irv Kelman

We are THX Certified.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ken,

I have a Dish 6000 and go direct component out, (YUV), to component in on the G11. It looks beautiful!! I don't think that the DirecTV boxes have component out though.

Good luck,

Phil

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Phil,

That reaffirms my suspicion that I can run component HD to the DILA component in. Just that most folks I read about use "computer 2". Though I have not seen them, I do believe the Hughes/Tosh boxes for DirecTV are component out (YPrPb). How much different is this than YUV? Can't DILA accommodate both on the component in?

Thanks Irv, but I've already got this VGA to RGBHV cable from the quad. You had a little more hindight and ran a VGA/VGA from the Quad to DILA. I've tied up my HDTV (comp 2, RGBHV)input with the Quad's output so I must use the VGA pass thru or another method.

Taking a portion of this thread to the processor forum:
http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum23/HTML/001223.html

------------------

Ken B.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ken,

You might want to invest in a different cable.

Switching the QuadScan to pass thru is a pain compaired to pressing a button on the projector's remote.

------------------

Irv Kelman

We are THX Certified.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We run The HD component out of A Mits HD400 to the component in of the DILA; S out from The Mits to the Quadscan; VGA from Quadscan to VGA in of DILA. Component pass-through of QS wastes a valuable input.When using an RCA HD you can use the VGA pass-through of QS or a VGA/5-BNC breakout cable for the QS/DILA interface with a direct input to the JVC for HD(a much better integration IMO).

Mits ,as with most HD STB's, does not output SD/HD simultaneously.A dedicated SD sat is recommended, otherwise a simple click of the JVC remote is all thats needed for SD/HD switching with all other sources. HD images are stunning!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.