AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MyHD card in my HTPC. If I use Comp 1 on my JVC G11, I can run the MyHD card at 1024 x 768 and view HD material. It will not display properly at any other MyHD card resolution. Is it much better to set the output of MyHD to 1080i and run it through Comp 2 so that the projector syncs at 1080i? There will be WAF issues but for now I just want to know which one will display the best picture.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Yes you must use Comp 2 at 1080i to get true HD. Comp 1 does not support HDTV. Plug your HTPC video card into Comp 1 and your MyHD cards RGB (you'll need a break out cable) output into Comp 2.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
William thanks for the reply.

I know I need to use Comp 2 for 1080i but will this give me a significantly better picture then the 1024 x 768 via the video card?

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
A vastly superior picture, 1024x768 is NOT HDTV. The 1080i scaling is by far the strongest point of the Gxx series otherwise lackluster internal scalier.

PS If you are using 1024x768 as your HTPC resolution this is wrong. You should only use native resolutions like 1360x1024 for full panel or 1360x768 for 1.78 panel.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For all viewing except HD I am using 1360 X 768 with Dilard. The picture is stunning. My only question was the HDTV question. Thank You very much for the answer.

·
Registered
822 Posts
MartyJ,

The other thing to consider about MyHD is that the software scaling is sub-optimal.

By that I mean if you're not using the dongle then you're short-changing the image.

Also, MyHD can run 1080i/720p over YPrPb without a transcoder. All you would need for that is a RGBHV breakout cable.

In this case, you would connect the R, G and B cables only to the YPrPb connectors on the DILA and leave the HV cables unconnected.

As for the WAF issue, all she would has to do is press the video button on the remote one or two times.

But for DILA's, I would rate in descending order for best HiDef image produced:

1.Computer2

2.Component Video

3.Computer1

Andrew.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried the RGB-5 cable over the weekend. Borrowed it from my buddy. Just was not sure the best way to go. I will be getting the RGB cable as soon as I get time.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.