AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dukane 9015 which has about 1650 hours on it. The bulb was changed at 1000 hours so the bulb in it has about 650 hours. I own Dilard and have adjusted the picture with it. Dilard has measured contrast between 600 and 700. The color temp is 6500 but the picture looks washed out. It started looking that way after a momentary power failure which put the projector in the emergency mode. I did run Dilard again after the power failure and still have the above readings. My question is does anyone have any ideas about this problem? Does the eight bar settings in Dilard effect the picture. I have run the eight bar wizard and have a smooth picture with no vertical lines but am wondering if increasing or decreasing the settings across all eight bars would change the picture. Would a William Phelps calibration make a major improvement over Dilard?

Tom

·
Registered
755 Posts
Did you run a full calibration using Dilard? It sounds like the power outage corrupted the memory settings for either the bias voltages or gamma curve, so restoring an old calibration or re-calibrating it should fix the problem. A similar problem happened to me once while I was using Dilard and I had to run the Backup wizard to restore the calibration.

The eight bar wizard is a fine-tuning control so I doubt it would help in this case. If re-calibrating doesn't solve it then sending the unit in for service is your best option.

Cheers,

Dave.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.