AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DILA w/ISCO2 lens and MyHD card. When I switch to comp 2 at 1080i using full panel (4x3) I get an occasional horizontal tear near the bottom of the screen. It only happens on pans or fast motion and looks like it is a field or frame behind rest of picture. There is no tearing using software DVD player in comp 1 at 1360x1024. Is this caused by the DILA's scaler or MyHD card? Also when I switch MyHD to 720p about 20% of the bottom of picture is cut off and the DILA aspect ratio switch is grayed out.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave,

I thought I had read something in the past related to this problem. I also have Dilard and Mark Foster's full MODDILA program. Will download the mod and try tonight.

·
Registered
780 Posts
William: My experience suggests that the JVC G-11 DILA will not allow an aspect ratio of 4:3 with a 720p input. I use the G-11 / Panamorph / Dish 6000 (DTC 100 also). With the Dish 6000 set to output 720p, the 4;3 aspect ratio choice is grayed out just as you have experienced. 1080i is so good that I have not bothered to look for a solution. Perhaps Dillard can resolve this issue.

·
Registered
821 Posts
> There is a bug in the D-ILA's scaler which causes tearing on 1080i when displayed as full panel 4:3.

Anyone know if this bug is still present on the G150CL? Not that I'm in a huge hurry to just pipe a 1080i feed directly into the projector, but one never knows what compromises might make themselves unavoidable.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
William,

You can correct this yourself in Dilard's Image Geometry Wizard or download the 'Fit HDTV 1080i on a 16:9 Screen'. That should be the one. I think this is a mod I sent Mark a many months ago to post.

Keep in mind that even when you load these mods, there may still be the need to slightly modify(using the wizard) for your particular setup.

Chris

·
Registered
354 Posts
Does this also work on PJs using anamorphic lenses and anamorphic squeeze?

I display 16:9 in a 4:3 space--any other mods needed to make it happen?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
"Does this also work on PJs using anamorphic lenses and anamorphic squeeze?"

Absolutely!

With my Panamorph, the only thing I do differently is keep my G11 in 4:3 mode. The DTC100 stays in 16:9 mode. For 4:3 material viewed thru the G11, yes, this does induce the stretch to a 16:9 ratio, but it's really not as bothersome as you'd think. If I want to watch 4:3 stuff in true format, I simply switch back to 4:3 on the DTC.

Chris

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by CCLAY
William,

You can correct this yourself in Dilard's Image Geometry Wizard or download the 'Fit HDTV 1080i on a 16:9 Screen'. That should be the one. I think this is a mod I sent Mark a many months ago to post.

Keep in mind that even when you load these mods, there may still be the need to slightly modify(using the wizard) for your particular setup.

Chris
Chris,

Are you sure this is the mod I need. Everything is perfect as is except for the tearing. I'm sending a 16x9 squeezed HDTV picture to my full (4x3) panel DILA and then using the ISCO2 to stretch back to proper 1.78 (16x9) ratio. All I want is to eliminate the tearing and not change anything else.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who uses an ISCO2 or Panamorph with HDTV on comp 2? If so how did you get rid of the tearing? Does anyone have Mark Foster's mod for full panel (not 1360x768) 1080i HDTV for comp 2?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I use an ISCOII with HD from a DTC-100 on Comp 2.

I do not get tearing

I do not have any mod from MF.

I let the DTC-100 output a tall&skinny and the lens stretches it out horizonally.

I use a Dukane 9015.

Everything from the DTC-100 gets piped through a Vigatec GVC1280 and is output at 1024x1360.

I know that this does not answer your question. Maybe the 1280 has an impact?

Vince

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Hi, William!

You've got mail! I apologize, but I was reconfiguring my network yesterday, and my FTP site was down for a few hours. It should be back up now.

Cheers!

MarkF

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark J. Foster
Hi, William!

You've got mail! I apologize, but I was reconfiguring my network yesterday, and my FTP site was down for a few hours. It should be back up now.

Cheers!

MarkF
Thanks Mark,

Got it and will install tonight. :D I have a mod package from you but it contains only 16x9 mods. Now that I'm using an ISCO2 lens I need full panel. Will load up with Dilard tonight.

Also what is the best way to adjust the phase and tracking controls on comp 2? I have downloaded HiPix test files but none produce a pattern that works well with the controls.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.