Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Mark,

I had emailed you recently about the status of Dilard; perhaps it didn't make it through.

What is the current situation for the gamma / black level "wizards"?

- Chris.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Chris,

The Dilard Calibration Wizards are working really well, and make the D-ILAs shine when they've worked their functions. I am looking forward to "letting them out".

Unfortunately, I recently borrowed a highly accurate instrument to measure the post-calibration results from the colorimeter we're using, and found that one of the metrics was off more than I expected. The Wizard reported a flat D65 across the entire grayscale, but the reference instrument indicated a color temperature of about 6900 degrees instead. I was unable to detect a problem with my bare eyes.

This isn't much, and I'm probably being a perfectionist, but I wanted to fix it. Unfortunately, I was unaware how deep this little rabbit-hole would go! It's back into the heavy mathematics to fix it.

I know that I keep saying "Any day now", but that's really where we are at. I want to take care of the final details and make the Wizards "reference quality". In the end, I think that everyone will be much happier!

Thanks for asking.

Mark

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Nice little update. Thanks Mark.

Of course we want it now, but until you feel it's ready for us, that's good enough for me.

Looking forward to the big day. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.