AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wouldn't it be awsome if I was able to calibrate my projector and install my Panamorph on the same day? It would be like getting an all new projector. However, I suspect that Mark would have to get really really behind schedule to match Shawn... (That's not a suggestion Mark!)

Jeremy

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi guys,

Clearly we missed the 10/22 estimated shipping date for Dilard 2.2, but we are very close to ready. We made a change to the hardware just last week, and we decided to send all of the sensors in to be recalibrated because of it. As soon as the sensors have been recalibrated, we are going to have the hardware sent out to those folks who ordered it.

I realize that not everyone is interested in the hardware, so Tom (Immersive) and I have decided to release the Dilard 2.2 software while we are waiting for the hardware to come back.

The documentation (manual and help file) was just delivered from my documentation contractor last night, so the software is ready for delivery.

After some final "full package" testing today, I will be posting Dilard 2.2 on the web site. You may see it this evening.

NOTE: When the final hardware comes back from recalibration, I am going to conduct some additional accuracy testing with the final sensors. There is a possibility that the software will need to be updated (or from your point of view, re-downloaded) to support the newly calibrated sensors. I just wanted to let you know before you download the software. If you are not getting the hardware, you will not need to worry about this.

One additional note: The package is going to be rolled out in 2 stages, with a small group getting the hardware first to make sure that everything operates as expected, and when they give the "thumbs up", the rest of the hardware will be shipped to everyone.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate all of the support and encouragement. We are doing everything that we can to make sure that you get the best system possible!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hrm. Sounds like a couple week delay, at the least. That's pretty disappointing.

And not to be a jerk, but for these kind of preorder situations, when you've promised a "no later than" date, it'd be great if you would give an update when you find out about it.

Having to post messages like this one to get a status update a day after we were told to expect shipment is how people start to get upset. If the ongoing panamorph fiasco has taught us anything, staying on top of dates and keeping customers is the loop is key.

We've paid our money, and were given a date. If that date's not going to be met, fine -- I'm in software development too, and understand that those things happen. But it'd be really nice if we'd get updated on delays when they happen, rather than a day after we were told they would be shipping.

Anyway, this isn't too big a deal right now, and you're obviously more than willing to give us updates. Missing a date without a word just gave me panamorph flashbacks, and I'd hate to see that kind of thing happen again.

And if there was an update, and I just missed it...um, nevermind. :D

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Chris,

I understand your concern. What normally would have been a "no brainer" decision to improve the product was greatly complicated by the delay of certain other products. We really wanted to avoid any comparison, considering that EVERY release prior to this one was delivered on the date specified. Nonetheless, it is to be expected.

Anyway, the Software really is available for download . Without the colorimeter, two of the biggest features are necessarily missing, but everything else is present and accounted for.

The Dilard 2.2 update adds the following features:
  • A New Precalibration Wizard that requires a colorimeter. This Wizard sets the black level, white level, contrast and sub-level settings to prepare for calibration.
  • A New Calibration Wizard that requires a colorimeter. This Wizard sets the Gamma look-up table to perform luminance and color correction to the D65 standard across the range of the projector.
  • The former "Black Level Wizard" is rendered redundant by the new Wizards. However, it is not deleted by the installation, nor has it been removed from the documentation. This Wizard and documentation have been retained by request from a vocal few who do not own the hardware to run the Precalibration and Calibration Wziards, which will correct the colorimetry of the Image whereas the Black Level Wizard can not.
  • The Pixel Alignment Wizard has a new slider for setting the DC Delay that may help fix a slight ghosting issue present on some machines.
  • New Feature: At customer requests, a "Gain" adjustment was added to the Advanced part of the settings in the Image Geometry Wizard. This can also help with ghosting on some machines (see the Help file).
  • Notable Enhancement: At the lowest level, the serial communication code was improved to increase performance on many of the Wizards.
  • Notable Enhancement: At customer's request, the Tracking and Phase values are displayed as they are adjusted in that Wizard.
  • Notable Enhancement: The Eight Bar Wizard can now be closed successfully even if the projector is truncating the far-right part of the image.
  • Bug Fix: The dialog that opens mod files in the Image Geometry Wizard incorrectly had a "Save" button displayed instead of "Open". Fixed.
  • Bug Fix: Read-Only files are identified as such in Dilard.exe.
  • Bug Fix: At customer's request, the "Save" option in the Image Geometry Wizard no longer defaults to "C:\\", but the last location saved to.
  • Bug Fix: The Back-up Wizard now supports restoration of the Gamma binary tables.
  • Bug Fix: The Back-up Wizard now supports working with the Shading of the projector.
  • Bug Fix: The "Zoom To..." Directive in Dilard.exe was not performing the zoom and stopping at a specified imnage size, as is the goal. This has been fixed.
  • Bug Fix: The On-Screen-Display (OSD) was truncated on some computers with dual-head ("multi-monitor") video cards. This is a bug with Microsoft Windows that we were able to work around and is "fixed".
  • KNOWN ISSUE: The Image Geometry Wizard (and possibly others) do not display the Wizard UI correctly on computers with certain video cards that allow custom resolutions to be defined if the "Large Fonts" setting is selected in Display Properties. Microsoft has confirmed that there is no work-around or fix for this bug, nor any way to detect the condition within a software application. The only solution is to choose the "Small Fonts" setting in Display Properties. See the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article "Large Fonts Versus Small Fonts Use in Windows" at http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q177/7/95.ASP for additional information on this issue.

I know that we'd all like to have the hardware and software ready simultaneously, but we do not expect the delay to be very long at all.

Sincerely,

Mark

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Stephen,

Just run the Projector Detector Wizard, and click the button that gets you a license once you have the software. It's all automated beyond that. See the Dilard.Com FAQ for details.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mark,

Thanks for the detailed list of updates.

After reading it thoroughly, it will make my tweaking much more enjoyable knowing exactly what areas to 're-tweak'.

Thanks, Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.